David B. Rusate
Managing Director of Strategy for Foreign Exchange and Commodity Risk
Former Managing Director – General Electric Company
Former Global Treasurer – Power Division - General Electric Company
Dave graduated from Quinnipiac College in 1979 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in International Finance. He spent the first 8 years of his career with Union Carbide in various International Treasury assignments. He was stationed in Hong Kong and Singapore from 1986 through 1990 as the Area Finance Manager for Union Carbide.
In November 1992, he joined the General Electric Company. Dave was responsible for foreign exchange and commodity risk management hedging strategies at GE.
In addition to those responsibilities, Dave was the Global Treasurer of GE’s largest business, GE Power.
Points of Interest
- In June 2007, Treasury & Risk Magazine selected Dave as one of the
100 most influential people in Finance.
- He is a former two term (8 years) Foreign Exchange Sub-Committee member of the New York Federal Reserve.
- Dave previously served on the
GE Pension Trust Asset Allocation Committee.
- He is a past President of the National Association of Credit Management.
- Dave’s Trade Request System (TRS) was the 2003 winner of the
Euro Finance Treasury Excellence Award.
- The natural gas simulator algorithm he co-developed won the 2006
Alexander Hamilton Award.
Dave resides in Naples, Florida.